Monday, September 19, 2011

Pull up a pumpkin........................



.............or even better, a pumpkin colored chair while you enjoy some pumpkin gazing!


Garden treasures  - SuzAnna's Antiques

It's that very colorful time of year, especially if you love plenty of orange to add to your Fall decor.  Yesterday, when I arrived at the Vintage Village, Sam was unloading an enormous delivery of fresh from the North Carolina mountains pumpkins.  For the next several weeks these beautiful pumpkins and gourds, soon to be joined by a huge selection of potted chrysanthemums, will be waiting for you.


Seems the hot, dry Summer was perfect for growing pumpkins - this has to be a bumper crop.


Plenty of interesting gourds and squash too.


You can't miss that huge box of white pumpkins, my favorite.  Other years I've had to search high and low for them - love them for my neutral decor - and now Sam has plenty.
If you're into pie and quick bread baking, the just picked flavorful 'pie pumpkins' will beat anything out of a can!


Sam deals in tons of old farm stuff - vintage and antique - his items are perfect for displaying pumpkins.


Sadly I will not be doing much decorating for Fall and Halloween this year because I'll be away for several weeks.  Lucky for you though...........you can stop by Sam's and grab my share!  
Think of me please...............perhaps on Halloween I'll be the one in the orange parka in the middle of the thousands of black and white penguins!


So, if you're within driving distance of Raleigh's Vintage Village on Durant Road, come on over to visit the many shops now located there...........even if it requires a quick brake and a U-Turn over the railroad track, it will be well worth it.  Pumpkins, flowers, still some local veggies, and so many fabulous antiques and vintage items for your home and garden, you'll be pleasantly surprised I guarantee it.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to visit. I love the bike with a basket full of pumpkins. Fun!

    Stop by for a visit soon...

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute.. love the orange gas pump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of autumn! Even the the gas tank looks dressed for the season. I know you will have the best time visiting with the penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delightful. I would love to visit a shop that displays it's pumpkins and gourds among vintage farm items. Great photos! I noticed pumpkins for sale somewhere on the weekend so I should try to get a couple for the front deck. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary..... What fantastic pictures... I've never seen such a collection of pumpkins and gourds, we don't grown them like that here, the colours are gorgeous, I particularly like the white ones. Marion - Wales UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What super pumpkins! I wish we could get such a selection over here, especially the white ones! Lovely post! AnneMarie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful sight! Pumpkins are probably my favorite symbol of fall; earthy, colorful and deliciously edible.

    Have a lovely day, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature’s bounty is truly miraculous. The green bent ones have just expression!

    HUGS Lorraine :-}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several years ago we traveled to Connecticut in the fall. Everywhere we went we saw displays like the ones you are showing and they often included the huge chrysanthemums. I am not sure why we don't see these displays here. I just love seeing them and love seeing your pictures. Now I need some pumpkins. I have the flowers just no pumpkins. I asked my husband to plant a bunch this year, but for some reason they haven't produced. Off to the market I must go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...I wish I lived closer...what a fun place this would be to visit and pick up a pumpkin or two..

    Blessings and I pray you will be safe and enjoy your trip to the cold climate!!

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that chair! We did not see too many pumpkins around here this year. I'll have to visit that place too sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.