Monday, September 12, 2011

A new day, a bright day...................

It was such a sad day yesterday.  My heart ached for those who lost so many loved ones.  Watching special services, memorial concerts, and the amazing documentary of the New York Fire Department and first responders at the World Trade Center, was so very difficult.  
My prayers are that nothing like this ever happens again.


Vintage blouse from SuzAnna's Antiques used at the window of the guest room.

This morning arrived bright and sunny at the window and the day is full of promise.
My plan is to make it a day of small but meaningful things and thoughts. I have dear friends traveling to the ends of the earth and I wish them Godspeed. I need to correspond with family across the pond. I will make more fig jam while the picking is good (actually they're from Costco - but someone picked them in California!).  I will spend a while in my garden, pruning and watering, then sit in the sun with a cup of tea, grateful for a rest with bird songs for company. 

I'm grateful for the smallness of ordinary everyday happenings.........no matter how simple they are.

8 comments:

  1. I agree...I am actually taking the time to enjoy making my master bedroom curtains, instead of trying to hurry up throught them, just to get them done.
    Hugs to you and Bob!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts.Your blog means a great deal to me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dainty and most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...being grateful for the smallness of ordinary everyday happenings...such a blessing. Having just finished reading The Calligrapher's Daughter (thank you for that marvelous gift!) I find myself extra sensitive to the peace and loveliness of such ordinary everyday happenings today also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we wait to be grateful for the big things, we miss so much! Making fig jam sounds like a lovely thing to do on a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried fig jam, it sounds interesting!
    Greetings from the West Country where we are celebrating every litle thing we see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blouse in the window. I will have to look for figs at Costco, fig jam sounds really good or maybe a chutney. Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something to think about as these days we really do need to slow down and enjoy what life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.